Sunday, February 18, 2007

How Do I Become One Of These Guys?



My favorite character on the Sopranos was by far Uncle Junior (RIP). He was witty, funny as hell and didn't take shit from anybody. One of his signature trademarks besides the big black frame glasses (ALT) and great one liners, was his kangol-style black hat. Now it is more than obvious that Uncle Junior was ALT as fuck. But my question is how do you start wearing one of those hats. It's sort of a style that you can't just rock once in a while, I mean it's not like a winter knit hat or beanie. People wear one of those to keep their head warm or if you're wearing when it's not cold out, you're just trying really hard to be ALT. Anyway, with these "old man" style hats, I just don't get it. My Dad wears one when it's cold out to work, but they aren't that warm. This is something that maybe I'll never understand...I mean is my Dad ALT? I don't know for sure, but what I do know, is that I'm going to get one of these hats and give it a shot. We'll see what happens...

Here are some other ALTs that rock the "old man" hat:

Test Case 1:

Now Common, is ALT. But if you have ever seen him with out the hat, he is in fact a BALT. In fact he is covering up the BALT with the "old man", therefore becoming ALT, again. Woah, this is heavy.

Test Case 2:

This is no doubt Jeff Ament, the bassist for Pearl Jam, is ALT. I mean Eddie and the boys basically invented ALT. Although, his "old man" hat is a little more old school than the "kango-style"l hats I'm referring to, I feel like, today's "old man" hats are an evolved model of Jeff's.

That's all I can think of for now, if anyone has anymore proof whether "old man" hats are ALT or not, I am open to hearing both sides of the argument.

No comments: